In 1928 six MSC Sisters arrived in Australia.
They were to begin a foundation that would provide a refuge for weary Missionaries in Papua New Guinea and nearby Islands who were in need of medical care and rest.
The Salesian Fathers in Sunbury, Victoria,offered us a position in the domestic departmentof their boarding school, “Rupertswood.”
Together with Mother Liboria in this new mission were:
Sisters Eulalia, Aquilina, Marillia, Zaccharia and Margareta.
We, the members of the Australian Province of the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart respectfully
acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we now live.
We acknowledge their elders both past and present.
May we honour their spirituality by being good and responsible stewards of this land.
(From Acknowledgement of Country in Province Directory MSC Sisters Australian Province).