Mother Liboria Löper came from USA to Australia, arriving on 3rd May 1928 to begin the Australian foundation that would later become our Australian Province.
Her ‘yes’ and that of those who followed after her enabled the mission in Papua New Guinea to be supported. Firstly she established a hospital: Mena House in East Melbourne.
Sisters were involved in care of the sick and the elderly, education and the many and varied works that accompanied these.
By the end of world War 11 a few Australian-born Sisters were able to join the mission in New Guinea.