Love must urge us on.
WITH SAINT MARY MACKILLOP
We lift up our soul in prayer
1. Praise God in his angels!
Praise God in his saints!
We honor Saint Mary,
Australia's first saint!
CHORUS: Lift up you soul in prayer,
Lift up your mind.
And may your prayer to God
Bless all mankind.
2. We thank you Saint Mary
For your holy way.
Your courage and goodness
Inspire us this day.
(C) 2010 Kathleen T. Boschetti, Melbourne, Australia
I HAVE COME THAT YOU MAY HAVE LIFE
I HAVE COME THAT YOU MAY HAVE LIFE AND HAVE IT TO THE FULL.
I HAVE CALLED YOU TO FOLLOW ME TO BRING MY WORD TO ALL.
1. My word is peace, my word is life.
My word is mercy to all
Who call on my name.
2. My name is life, my name is fire,
my name is shepherd to all
Who follow my voice.
3. My voice is clear, my voice commands,
My voice is raising you up
To newness of life.
4. My life will save, my life will teach,
My life will nourish the soul
And fill it with love.
5. My love endures, my love gives strenght,
my love confirms everyone
Who answers my call.
6. I call you Friend, I call your name,
I call into the realm
Of heavenly light.
7. My light gives warmth, my light gives hope.
My light will shine upon those
Who wait till I come.
8. I come to heal, I come to pray;
I come to kindle my fire
Upon all the earth.
(C) Kathleen T. Boschetti, Melbourne, Australia
A GRAIN OF WHEAT
1. A grain of wheat falls to the ground,
It dies to self but life is found
In the Spirit, the source of life and love
In the Spirit who nurtures from above.
Clothed in God's New Morn
We go forth in life reborn.
2. A grain of wheat within the earth,
Blest by the Lord will come to birth
In the Spirit who gives life and love,
In the spirit who strengthens from above.
Clothed in God's New Day
We go forth in life's True Way.
3. The grains of wheat grown in the Lord
Will bear the fruit of God's own Word
Til the harvest, our Yes at evening's fall
When we answer to heaven's eternal call.
Clothed in God's Pure Night
We go forth in life's True Light.
(C) 2003 Kathleen T. Boschetti, Melbourne, Australia
I HAVE COME TO CAST FIRE UPON THE EARTH
(Composed for Sr Carmel Slattery, MSC)
1. I have come to cast fire upon the earth
And to knidle this fire in every heart.
The Spirit will strengthen every heart in this flame,
The flame of love to be carried in each soul,
The flame of love to be carried in each soul.
2. I have called you to come and follow me
With this flame of love a-burning in your heart.
The Spirit of love will bless the words that you speak,
Dispel the darkness and show the light of Christ
Dispel the darkness and show the light of Christ.
3. Your hearts will be burning within you
When you know me in the breaking of the bread.
through me you will know the Father who sent me;
The love bestowed on me dwells within your heart,
The love bestowed on me dwells within yoiur heart.
(C) 1999 Kathleen T. Boschetti, Melbourne, Australia
ST FRANCIS OF ASSISI
REFRAIN: Make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Teach me to live my life as a prayer
And bring me safely to my home above.
1. Where there is hurt, grant your healing, Lord;
Sadness, despair: grant your hope and joy.
2. Grant us to comfort and to forgive;
Show understanding, mirror your love.
(C) 1998 Kathleen T. Boschetti, Melbourne, Australia.
THE BALLAD OF MARY MACKILLOP
Text and Music by Kathleen T. Boschetti, MSC
1. Oh, MacKillop's the name of a fine Scottish clan.
Alexander and Flora were part of God's Plan
To come to Australia, the land of New Dawn,
Where they met and they married and Mary was born.
2. As the place of your birth 'tis Fitzroy wears the crown.
Baptized at St Francis', in new Melbourne Town,
You learnt from your parents to sing and to pray,
To trust and be faithful in work and at play.
3. "Little Mother" of children, your family came first,
As the call of your Saviour became a great thirst.
You worked on the farm, in the shop, in the school,
In a re-modelled stable, established your Rule.
4. Now, the Church in Australia pays homage as due,
While the Pope, for the World, calls you "Saintly" for you
Showed your love for the needy, the weak and the young.
You inspire us to follow the path you've begun.
5. Now the breadth of the land is encompassed by you,
Overseas shares your knowledge and holiness, too.
Australia's own Patrons, with Mary, we praise:
Mary, Help of Christians, Francis and Therese!
GIVE PRAISE TO THE LORD FOR OUR GLADNESS THIS DAY;
GIVE THANKS, FOR OUR MARY HAS SHOWN US THE WAY.
(c) 1995, Kathleen T. Boschetti, MSC
The text of this ballad was composed for the blessing of the icon of Mary MacKillop, on 15 January, 1995, by His grace Archbishop Little, in All Saints Church, Fitzroy.